Cloud disaster recovery business continuity
When looking for cloud providers of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Services you need to establish that they will be there when you need them. Each of these factors should be included in your selection process.
- Has the provider done this before and does he have a team in place the deals just with disaster recovery and business continuity
- How do other customers conduct test of their disaster recovery business continuity plans
- How have other customers of your size activated their plans
- Is there sufficient capacity to handle multiple customers at the same time during an event
- How does the provider manage their capacity for computing, communication, and storage
- How is or will your remote access be achieved for your recovery processes
- What is their disaster recovery fail-over plan
- Data center(s) should be reviewed for security, location, redundancy and fire suppression
- Service level agreements need to be reviewed
- Staffing capabilities and availability needs to be reviewed.