Disaster Recovery for a Small Business
Baseline for best practices defined in Janco’s Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template.
As requirements for avoiding downtime become increasingly stringent, administrators need tools and platforms that can help them plan, design, and implement disaster recovery strategies that can meet those needs.
- Analyze single points of failure
- Backup frequently
- Keep Updated notification trees
- Be aware of current events
- Plan for worst-case scenarios
- Clearly document recovery processes
- Centralize information
- Create test plans and scripts
- Retest regularly
- Perform comprehensive recovery and business continuity test