10 questions on disaster planning every CIO should have answers for
When the CIO is in the hot seat, will they have the answers to the questions C-Level management and the Board of Directors are asking? Everyone in an enterprise counts on the success of the disaster recovery (DR)plan when it’s needed. The CIO is intimately involved in the technical nuances of the enterprise’s technologies and vendors and a successful plan requires total company buy-in.
When the C-level executives and Board of Directors ask about your company’s DR plan, they want to be confident that the business will continue to be successful and secure, no matter what.
Questions they will want answers for are:
- What risks are faced if core applications go down for a day, a week, or longer?
- What are the Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) by fac1lity and application?
- How are facilities and applications currently protected and are they all protected the same way?
- How is security of enterprise data going to be protected during the event and the recovery processes?
- Who are the key decision makers in the recovery process?
- Does the recovery plan meet all compliance objectives?
- What will happen to key data in the event of a disaster?
- Against which types of disasters are we guarding?
- What was the scope of the last test of the recovery processes?
- What were the results of our latest full recovery test?