Security professionals are in high demand
According to recent data, 25% of enterprise (i.e. more than 1,000 employees) and mid-market (i.e. 250 to 999 employees) organizations claim that they have a “problematic shortage” of IT security skills. In addition, of those organizations planning to add IT headcount in 2014, 42% say they will hire IT security professionals. This is also the highest percentage of all. In other words, more organizations plan to hire IT security professionals than any other role within IT.
Clearly, organizations are under-staffed when it comes to cybersecurity, but that’s not their only problem. Many firms employ security professionals who lack the right skills to get the job done. When surveyors asked enterprise security professionals to identify their biggest challenges around incident detection/response, 39% said that they lacked an adequate staff while 28% claimed that they lacked the adequate analytic skills. Alarmingly, many organizations are under-staffed AND under-skilled.
- C-Level IT Job Description Bundle
- Compliance Management Job Description Bundle
- eCommerce, Wireless, and Internet Job Description Bundle
- Enterprise Architecture and IT Executives Job Description Bundle
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Job Description Bundle
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Job Description Bundle
- IT Service Management – SOA Job Description Bundle
- Metrics, Service Level Agreement & Outsourcing Job Description Bundle
- Security Management Job Description Bundle
- Salary Survey Job Description Bundle