Top 10 cyber-security issues facing CIOs
Security incidents on the rise
Janco has found that 77% companies have reported a security event in the past 12 months, and more than a 33% say that the number of security incidents increased in the last 12 months. Additionally, almost 60% of CIOs say they are more concerned about cyber-security threats currently than at the same time last year.
Top 10 cyber-security issues as reported by CIOs interviewed by Janco Associates are:
- Executive management does not take a strategic approach to cyber-security spending approval.
- CIOs do not have sufficient budgets to access the security capabilities of third-party providers.
- CIOs have limited understanding of suppliers and customers security risks.
- Mobile computing has increased the security risk landscape.
- BYOD security risks continue to multiply.
- Internet of Things broadens the scope of security risks.
- New cyber risks continue to appear while old ones are being dealt with.
- Proprietary nature of systems limits the ability of organizations to collaborate and share intelligence on threats and responses.
- Insider threats are on the rise.
- Employee security training and awareness are limited by budget constraints.