10 Best Practices to Staff – Hire and Retain World Class Creative IT Professionals
10 Best Practices – Janco Associates has found the top ten best practices that CIOs need to implement if they want to hire and retain World Class Creative IT professionals.
- Focus on the identification, nurturing and growing of highly talented people
- Actively manage collaboration among the talent pool
- Have clearly defined job requirements – The Internet and IT Job Descriptions HandiGuide is a must have document.
- Recruit from the places that turn out the top talent
- Avoid the trap of hiring the best available resource today if they do not meet all of your requirements
- Have core metrics in place to measure performance
- Cull your mistakes quickly
- If you allow your most talented people free rein to innovate, don’t stigmatize failure
- Have staff work on only on “core activities” related to the requirements of the job
- Get support staff to do the non-core activities