Top 10 questions an interviewee should ask
Top 10 questions that should be asked before you accept a job offer from a new employer are:
- How will this position change after I’ve been here a while?
- If this is not a new position where has the prior person gone? Did they get promoted or leave? How stable is the group that I am being hired for
- How will you use my skills if the activity I am being hired for is stalled or something unexpected arises?
- What is the career path for this position? — to jobs with more responsibility? Management posts? Positions that require specific technical expertise?
- What is the project/product road-map for the next one to three years?
- What kind of training and support for ongoing education does the organization offer?
- Is there an open door policy to communicate with upper management levels within he organization?
- How will my role contribute to the overall mission of the company?
- What outcomes will you use to measure those contributions? What metrics will be in place to measure personal and team performance
- Will I have opportunities to work directly with the line organization outside of my group?