Container Based Applications is the next big deal
The next major shift in the IT infrastructure market is here – container based applications. Historically, 10 years ago virtualization, currently public cloud, and now Containers are changing the way users interact with the Internet.
Containers are the next logical step beyond virtualization. Where virtualization slices a server up into many virtual machines, containers can run on top of bare system to allow many applications to run autonomously. It’s an additional layer of abstraction that can make applications portable across public and private clouds. Containers basically wrap an application to make them portable.
Containers with platform and infrastructure may be a big deal. The change today is limited to new application development. We are a few years from existing applications being rebuilt for containers, or from enterprises moving well-running applications into smaller containers, but for new web-scale applications development, the future is containers.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (more info…)All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy(more info…)
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy(more info…) Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form
- BYOD Policy Template(more info…) Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form
- Google Glass Policy Template(more info…) Includes electronic Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form
- Incident Communication Plan Policy(more info…)Updated to include social networks as a communication path
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(more info…) Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy (more info…)
- Patch Management Policy(more info…)
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy(more info…)
- Physical and Virtual Security Policy(more info…)
- Record Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy(more info…)
- Sensitive Information Policy(more info…)HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with Metrics(more info…)
- Social Networking Policy(more info…)Includes electronic form
- Telecommuting Policy(more info…) Includes 3 electronic forms to help to effectively manage work at home staff
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information(more Info…)
- Travel and Off-Site Meeting Policy(more info…)
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms(more info…)