10 steps to World Class IT portfolio management
IT Portfolio Management is key to the success of every CIO and IT organization. Janco Associates has found that many world class CIOs all follow these basic steps.
- Create an inventory of all business oriented applications
- Establish cost to run applications
- Collaborate with business units to determine value of applications
- Track investments costs and returns in concise reports that can easily be compared and contrasted.
- Identifying the relationship between investment performance and business projections and objectives, across time.
- Develop annual ROI summary and review with business units
- Make specific business and technology recommendations to maintain a healthy balance within the portfolio.
- Adjust portfolio based on newly available data and technologies
- Make long term strategic recommendations and establish a baseline budget based on performance and established objectives
- Identifying new investment opportunities that could fit into the established portfolio and the wider aims of the business
You can get all of Janco’s templates in its IT Management Suite. When you do that you save over $2,500 and when implemented your enterprise is positioned to have a “WORLD CLASS” Information Technology function. You will be in compliance with all mandated requirements including all US and International requirements.
- IT Management Suite (CIO and CTO Special offer)
- IT Infrastructure Architecture with 24 months of updates
- CIO HR and Staffing Management Kit with or without update service
- IT Job Family Classification HandiGuide – An architecture to define job families and and align them with pay grades