Top 10 CIO Concerns
Top 10 CIO Concerns – With the changing economy and improved outlook for IT spending, Janco has identified the top 10 CIO concerns.
The top 10 concerns are:
- Security – as more instances of cyber-attacks are identified CIOs are well aware that their jobs are at risk if this occurs under their watch,.
- Cloud Computing – This is the new hidden IT that is driving many new applications and is not under the complete control of the CIO and IT organization.
- Infrastructure – No longer are those interacting with the data and systems in a single location utilizing standard hardware and software. Records management, retention and destruction as well as version control are just a few of the areas that CIOs need to manage and control.
- Consolidation – Islands of data and computing continue to exist as new technologies are implemented. Redundancy leads to disparate information and needs to be resolved.
- Big Data – As data is consolidated it needs to be analyzed more quickly so that decision making within the enterprise is improved.
- Automation – Traditional functions are now being eliminated and automation needs to take placed which will meet the strategic objectives of the enterprise.
- Mobile Computing – BYOD and mobile applications are where users are looking for support in order to improve their bottom line results.
- Staff Retention – During the past few years that has not been an issue but now with an improved IT job market staff will leave.
- Social Networks – This is the wave of the future and needs to be managed more effectively.
- Succession Planning – Not only for the CIO role but for all of the other key roles within the IT functions. Job family definition is now a priority.