Analytics – Why CIOs Should Lead the Effort
For every business process to be truly successful there needs to be a infrastructure underlying the analytics effort and a leader in order for it to be effective. CIOs are the logical choice to manage analytics and put it to work to serve the organization’s needs.
- CIOs manage most of the massive quantities of data that companies are collecting from their own operations, supply chains, production processes and customer interactions. Many CIOs are already using analytics to better understand where the business is strong and where it needs improvement, and how to allocate limited resources more effectively. Analytics empowers CIOs communicate information necessary to control operational business decision-making. Profit can fall between the operational cracks and analytics can be a game changer by leading to improved operational discipline.
- Many organizations are already using analytics to address their strategic issues. With analytics, CIOs can continue to expand their management and leadership roles in improving ROI, strengthen their ties throughout the business and expand their influence outside the technology function.
- CIOs’ position as the managers of technology across the organization gives them the access to information that is needed when analytics produces insights that debunk some of the myths or accepted wisdom that can reside within the business, or about constraints on business performance. When people are provided observations that do not align with their thinking, there is a tendency to say, “That can’t be right,” and it can be challenging to convince them that the results and the data they’re based on are accurate. If they don’t trust the messenger, they are unlikely to trust the message.
The quality of IT systems and applications is driven by what is measured, the quality control, including version control, that is utilized as the standards of the enterprise. With that Janco with its clients has created infrastructure tools, which when implemented, assist CIOs and IT organizations to become world class providers of services to their enterprises and customers.
- Business and IT Impact Questionnaire (Risk Assessment)
- Cost Control and Metrics Bundle
- ITIL Template
- Metrics for the Internet, Information Technology, and Service Management
- Quality Assurance and Control Bundle
- Service Level Agreement Template with sample metrics
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment Tool