CIO security role
CIO Security Role – CIOs have an evolving role, and are more than ever concerned about IT security and data breaches. World Class CIOs are strategic partners to the board, the CEO and CFO. They are the risk manager and communications specialist with a focus on all of the information assets of the enterprise.
These CIOs know that preparation can make all the difference in a later outcome. The governance of the cybersecurity program, the adherence to the security infrastructure, media and interested parties communication plans and the creation of metrics are key components of preparing for a breach and the public information about a security incident.
A key question to ask is what the primary concerns of the board are, CEO and CFO— are they afraid of financial loss or are they more concerned with reputational and regulatory risks? Who would be most affected by a data breach? How will you provide information to those who have had their data breached — by mail, email, newsletters, through call centers, through social media?
Security Tools for the CIO
- Security Manual Template (Policies and Procedures) (ISO Compliant)
- Security Manual Template and Audit Program
- Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Bundle
- Security Manual Template, Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template, and Safety Program Bundle
- Security Manual Template and Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Template Audit Bundle
- Security Management Job Description Bundle – 17 full security job descriptions
- USA Freedom Act Security Bundle
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Audit Program
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard PCI-DSS Compliance Kit
- Security Audit Program
- Compliance with HIPAA Standards
- Compliance with FIPS 199
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
- Threat Risk Assessment Extended Service