2015 Mid-Year Salary Survey Released by Janco
2015 Mid-Year Salary Survey – Janco Associates, Inc. has just released its 2015 mid-year salary survey. To read about the salary survey go to http://www.e-janco.com/salary.htm.
IT Median Salaries Mid-Year 2014 vs. Mid-Year 2015
The major finding are:
- In the prior 12 months the IT job market grew by 139,100.
- IT compensation for all IT Professionals has increased by 1.22% in the last 12 months.
- CIOs compensation across all organizations has shown another increase. The mean compensation for CIOs in large enterprises is now $189,324 (up 2.14%) and $174,520 (up 1.44%) in mid-sized enterprises.
- Positions in highest demand are all associated with security, training, large data center management, distributed/mobile system project management, quality control, BYOD implementation, capacity planning and service level improvement.
- Over the long term IT executives have fared better in large companies than mid-sized companies.
- On shore outsourcing has peaked and companies are looking to bring IT operations back into their direct control and reduce operating costs.
- Mandated requirements for records management systems and electronic medical records have increased the demand for quality control staff and custodians (librarians) of mechanized records.
- Companies are continuing to refine the benefits provided to full time IT professionals. Though benefits such as health care are available to 80%, IT professionals are now paying a greater portion of that cost.