10 Steps to Implement Cloud SaaS
10 steps to implement cloud SaaS – As more CIO and other C-Level executives look have Software as a Service (SaaS) for interaction with their users, customers, suppliers, and markets there are some best practices that they should follow.
Evaluate the current capabilities of their IT infrastructure and application portfolio. Included in that an assessment of the competition and the state of opposing competitive solutions.
- Develop a roadmap with priorities for SaaS/cloud deployment. Establish who the drivers and owners of the SaaS process are.
- Establish clear governance that considers key stakeholders for cloud deployments. Include budgetary responsibility as well as for achieving stated goals.
- Develop metrics for performance and for measuring success in meeting cost and other deployment goals. Include a process for dissemination of the results in a timely manner
- Adopt vendor management practices to monitor SLA performance and define responsibilities.
- Provide active project management to keep implementation on time and on budget. Steering committees and SDM (System Development Methodology) need to be included in the mix.
- Plan for ongoing support, acquiring or training resources for the necessary skills, and address skills gaps. Budgets and associates service levels need to be defined before the SaaS development begins.
- Regularly evaluate performance and goals/metrics to ensure they are being met. Utilize every form of communication possible so the enterprise as a whole knows what the state of the SaaS activity is.
- Audit compliance with security and other standards and practices and privacy policies. Build compliance into the SaaS process.
- Ask suppliers to provide specific data and experience with cloud-to-cloud integration and performance.