10 best practices retain millennials
10 best practices retain millennials can be applied easily and favorable results will be seen quickly.
- Implement a mentoring programs – utilize social media to communicate frequently followed up with face to face time.
- Rotate work assignments to provide millennials with a broader range of exposure to the enterprise what is in store for them in the future
- Provide millennials with a flexible feed-back loop process so you know what their state of mind is. Minimize the chances for “unhappy” employees
- Give them time to develop their skills and career opportunities
- Encourage on-going education but technical and managerial.
- Define clear and achievable performance metrics so both you and they know what is expected
- Minimize stress and provide training to millennials on how to deal with stress.
- Balance work and personal time. Avoid situations where the 50-hour week is the norm
- Implement an open door policy and have managers, even the CIO, interact with all levels of employees. Manage by walking around and getting a feel for how everyone is doing.
- Provide opportunities for millennials to provide ideas and when one is implemented sound the praises of the employee.