Top 10 Security Predictions
Top 10 Security Predictions – Many organizations fail to realize the benefits of security information management due to the often exhaustive financial and human resource costs of implementing and maintaining the software. However, Janco’s’ Security Manual Template – the industry standard – provides the infrastructure tools to manage security, make smarter security decisions and respond faster to security incidents and compliance requests within days of implementation.
Top 10 Security Predictions from Janco Associates are:
- Over the next several years almost all of vulnerabilities exploited by hackers will continue to be ones known by security and IT professionals for at least one year.
- Robotics will take over many security operations. China will lead the way with 30-40K students training in universities with this technology. US will lag for several years.
- Shadow IT will be responsible for over one third of attacks experienced by enterprises.
- The need to prevent data breaches from public clouds will drive many organizations to develop data security governance programs.
- Over the long term enterprises engaged in application development will secure applications by adopting application security self-testing, self-diagnosing and self-protection technologies.
- Future cloud-based providers will include network firewall, secure web gateway (SWG) and web application firewall (WAF) platforms in their offerings.
- Identity as a service (IDaaS) implementations the focus of several new companies.
- Use of passwords and tokens in will drop 55%, due to the introduction of bio-metrics.
- A majority of IoT device manufacturers will not be able to address threats from weak authentication practices.
- More than 25% of identified enterprise attacks will involve IoT.