10 CIO questions as they move forward
There are 10 burning questions that CIOs need to have answers to.
The chief information officer’s (CIO) role, responsibilities and influence is growing in today’s boardroom. And the CIOs job itself is expanding as well. The CIOs of the next decade face many challenges. The CIOs who will succeed will have a common set of skills.
The 10 CIO questions are:
- Can the CIO and IT organization sustain technology hype and deliver value?
- How secure is the data of the enterprise and its customers and suppliers?
- What is the next core systems evolution that the CIO and IT organization going to undertake?
- How and when will drones be used with the enterpriser?
- What are the implication of “industry giants” like Goggle going to impact the operations of the enterprise?
- Can Blockchain (a distributed database that maintains a continuously-growing list of ordered records called blocks that interconnect enterprise data) be implemented within the enterprise?
- Can enterprise’s product designs keep up with opportunities from technology?
- Will vendor consolidation continue?
- Is digital distribution and marketplace about to take over?
- Are KPI metrics and analytics investment paying off?
CIO Role – CTO Responsibilities read on…