New IT Jobs 2017 as the economy improves
New IT jobs 2017 will be driven by an improved manufacturing job market. As of March 2017, Janco forecast that there will be a total of over 125,000 new IT jobs created.
Janco’s forecast is based on interviews with over 100 CIO, CFO, and HR professionals in the IT sector of the economy.
Close to 12,000 new jobs were created in the first two months of 2017. With the model dreated by Janco, the firm believes that and additional 113K new jobs will be created in the balance of the year.
Factors driving the IT job market in 2017 will be:
- The job market will be in favor of the IT professional job seaker
- IT will pay IT professionals to swith companies this year
- IT professionals will and should ask for pay raises this year
- There will be a labor shortage of IT professionals who are social media , programmers, security, and networking experts.
- More IT pros will become freelancers and contractors who prefer to telecommute and set their own hours.