IT related fraud occurred in over 70% companies
Malware exposure is high in many enterprises
IT related fraud and alware infections cause a number of problems. Machines become unresponsive or sluggish resulting in users become frustrated and administrators spending precious time trying to find the problem.
Once an attacker is on the inside, his or her work is significantly easier since on most networks, systems on the inside are trusted. To that end, in a review of over 300 security audits Janco has found a list of the greatest security weaknesses.
The weaknesses are:
- Using only single level verification for access to sensitive data
- Having public workstations or access point is connected to a secure network
- Sharing login credentials
- Connect to network from an unsecure access point
- Corporate web site is encrypted but the login process is not
- Using weak encryption for back end management
- Using unencrypted or weak encryption for Web site or Web server management