10 steps to a raise as the IT Job Market Improves
10 steps to a raise is a program that anyone can follow. They are easy and something that IT pros (and others) can implement fairly quickly. However the results may take some time.
- Make users love you
- Understand where the CIO and company are moving
- Learn how to implement and apply the latest technology
- Get certification or first hand experience
- Market your skills
- Have and use the latest technology and tools
- Provide peers with insight and training on your area of expertise
- Fit into the organization as a team player
- Be a focal point in the latest technologies
- Network with IT Pros in other organizations that have the same technical responsibilities
Janco and eJobDescription.com has conducted salary surveys of the IT Job market since 1989. The data from this survey has been published in the Computer Industry Almanac, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, eWeek, and many other business and industry publications. In addition over the years it has been featured on CNN, the Wall Street Journal, and several national and international media outlets.
The salary survey is updated twice a year; once in January and then again in July. Janco and eJobDescription.com not only look at base salaries, they also report on total compensation.