Top 10 benefits cloud ERP
Traditional ERP projects increase costs, take a long time to implement, and require larger and more specialized IT professionals
Top 10 benefits Cloud ERP — With the emergence of a secure clouds, moving to a new ERP solution is not as high-risk an event as it once was. There are some critical benefits that make a cloud based ERP a solution that should be looked at:
- Vendor packages are available that create an architecture that is easily customized, modified and maintained.
- Metrics can be defined up front which can be the road map for communication of the benefits and costs of the ERP solution.
- The staffing requirements for scores of ERP specialists is significantly reduced and there is less risk that staff attrition could cause a delay in the implementation and deployment processes.
- A cloud based solution eliminates the need for most of the on-site data center resources and is more cost effective (typically at least 30% less expensive than on-premise)
- There is much less of a requirement to “re-invent” the wheel and much less of likelihood that the ERP efforts will go down a non-productive path.
- Development and and implement cycles are reduced. As a result deployment is quicker, value of the precised benefits are received more quickly, and the organization faces significantly less risk.
- With the cloud the ERP is more easily sized for both features and number of users supported and costs can be aligned with company’s ROI objectives.
- Business continuity objectives are more easily managed as part of the core design of the ERP.
- New technologies and equipment is more easily supported as a well managed vendor based solution provides the ability for the vendor to support new technologies and devices as they hit the market.
- Better security and operations than companies can otherwise afford (monitoring and meeting the SLA requirements for response time, continuous backups, redundancy, SSAE 16, PCI certifications, etc.).