Top 10 High Demand IT Jobs
Janco has just released it 2018 IT Salary and has identified the top 10 IT Jobs in high demand. While the overall median salary for IT professionals now is over $90K, these in-demand jobs command more. (FYI full job descriptions for the top 10 jobs are contained in Janco IT Job Descriptions HandiGuide)
- Big Data Programmer/Analyst – $135K to $196K . A big data programmer/analyst’s job is to turn these mountains of data into actionable insight. Exponential data growth is a reality and will double every two years at least, representing massive growth from 2010 to 2020.
- Data Scientist – $116K to $163K. A Data Scientist interprets, analyses, and scrubs data at an advanced level.
- Database Specialist – $108K to $161K. A Data Specialist selects and implements database solutions.
- Data Security Analyst – $118K to $169K. A Data Security Analysts are cybersecurity professionals who manage security software, instruct users on best practices and ensure the enterprise system is free of breaches.
- Software Programmers – $93K to $155K. Software developers create, advance and maintain web, mobile and systems applications. Skills in demand are included C++, iOS, and Android.
- Software Engineers (System Programmers) – $108K to $166K. Software engineers create advanced-level applications for computer systems, web applications, and mobile devices. These IT professionals are experts in both code and computer science.
- Web Designers – $70K to $118K – Designers, unlike their non-tech colleagues, leverage both their creativity and coding skills to create full stack websites. These technology mavens are experts at creating more meaningful user experiences with advanced coding, leading to higher conversions and better traffic data.
- Wi-Fi and LAN Network Engineers – $99K to 146K. Network engineers make enterprise operations work by designing, managing and securing complex infrastructures.
- Network Security Administrators – $107K to $155K. Network Security Administrators use their extensive knowledge of networks to provide security to complex infrastructures. Their primary focus is combating phishing scams, ransomware, and other hacking attempts by cybercriminals.
- Network Security Engineer $115K – $162. Network Security Engineers are responsible for implementation, maintenance, and integration of the corporate WAN, LAN and server architecture.