Telecommuting Top 10 Reasons Why
Telecommuting Top 10 Reasons Why include the following:
- Flexible Work Hours – If employees telecommute then their schedules become more flexible.
- Reduce costs – telecommuters can save money on transportation costs such as gas, parking, public transportation, work clothes, and dry cleaning bills. Employers can save money by reducing overhead and retaining employees.
- Ease the strain on employees -telecommuters have greater flexibility to plan non-work-related activities around their business schedule instead of searching for the time in the early morning, late evening, or during lunch.
- More Productive – telecommuters will save the time they now take to commute to their place of employment.
- Minimize Non-Work Distractions – At times employees in an office setting can be distracted from their work by untimely interruptions from peers, impromptu meetings, or pulled away onto other projects. Telecommuters may find themselves more productive.
- Better Morale – Working from home usually means telecommuter have more time with their family.
- Green Solution – Working from home part or full-time reduces the auto emissions and decreases gas consumption.
- Stay Healthy – Working from home decreases the stress caused by inflexible hours, commuting time and costs, continual rushing to unmet family needs, sitting idle during a commute and provides time to exercise or pursue endeavors of particular interest to you.
- Potential Tax Deductions – Income deductions are available for home-based work-related expenses such as fax, scanner, phone, computer and office supplies.
- Reduce the Need for Outsourcing – Working from home helps keep jobs domestic and reduces need or desire for business and industry to contract with other countries for work that can be done at sites other than the main office.