Security Manual Template – 2019 Version Released
The 2019 Version of the Security Manual Template was just released.
There now are new standards for user privacy and control according to Janco Associates – Janco has just released an update to its Security Manual Template which identifies mandated user rights and enterprise responsibilities related to privacy protection. The CEO of Janco, Mr. M. Victor Janulaitis said, “We have reviewed in detail the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CaCPA) and generated a detail list of user rights and business responsibilities that are mandated. The CaCPA requirements are very complex and significant resources will have to be allocated for organizations to comply with these new mandates. These mandates will impact all organizations that have an Internet presence in the U.S. and California in particular. The compliance deadline is January 1, 2020.”
The Security Manual Template is now distributed in a segmented format with five (5) specific directories. They are:
- Security Manual Template directory – containing the full editable MS WORD and pdf versions of the template;
- Forms directory – containing all the forms that are needed to implement a “World Class” security infrastructure;
- Policy directory with 5 policies in MS WORD and pdf versions – Blog and Personal Website Policy – Mobile Use Policy – Sensitive and Confidential Information Policy – Server Security Policy – Travel and Off-Site Meeting policy;
- eBook directory (with the author’s name as the directory name)- with eBook versions of the Security Manual Policy and the supporting policies; and
- Tools directory with the Business Impact Analysis Tool, Threat and Vulnerability Assessment Tool, Security Checklist, and PCI Audit Program.
See also Security and Compliance…