Top 10 CIO Issues For 2018
Top 10 CIO Issues – The role of the CIO and CTO is changing as more enterprises more towards a “Value Added” role for the Information Technology function. Those changes are depicted in the detail job descriptions that have been created for all of the functions with IT — especially for the CIO and CTO.
In 2018 the Top 10 issues were:
- Security and Hacking – If there was a major breach at a company that made the news, then the CIO and/or CSO lost thier jobs
- Blockchain and Cloud processing were the focus of much new development and staff recruting
- Mobile Computing and support of those activities took up an ever increasing percentage of the support and help desk functions
- Standardization and Integration of information and sensitive data were marked as areas where operational managment wanted better controls
- Access Management in light of compliance and secrurity mandates
- Identity Protection of users both internal and external was a concern of many
- Budget Management was less of an issue than in prior years but still of some concern
- SaaS Demand in responce to increasing costs of support
- Staffing with demand for IT professionals increasing both salaries and attrittion rate incearsed
- Internaation compliance with the requirement that GDPR be followed.
See also IT Job Market News…