Blockchain Education is Addressed by Several Universities
Blockchain Education now is addressed by a number of universities. They understand that it is a hot evolving technology. Salaries for developers can reach $180,000. Late last year there were over 12,000 open positions – that was 4 times the number of open positions at the same time in the prior year.
Course address cyber currency (Bitcoin) and business scale blockchain networks. Some of the universities include:
- Stanford University has a course called “Bitcoin Engineering”
- UC Berkeley scheduled a two-course series which attracted 7,400 students before it was closed out. The topics were cryptocurrencies and business-scale blockchain networks.
- MIT has two Instructors teaching Applied Blockchain.
Many other universities are addressing this area as well. It’s still very early in the game, so there is going to be that market for the hotshot blockchain technologist who will build systems and can hop from company to company and make a ton of money. But, if the promise comes through on the potential, there will be a lot of work in this space for many years, even a decade or more. This will be entrenched and deeply connected into the enterprise. It will be making money. It will be a core piece of the infrastructure.
Role of the Blockchain developer
The job description documents over 25 specific accountabilities for an individual in this role. Below are some of them:
- Design groundbreaking software products with an eye toward compliance.
- The subject-matter expert (SME) for the Blockchain applications including a knowledge of the top partners that make up our Blockchain segment globally.
- Own the execution of the strategic plan for each market segment, which includes aligning with partner development managers who manage our top technology and consulting partners focused on Blockchain, maximizing influenced revenue driven with and through partners
- Working with partner development managers, build C-level relationships with our top partners and generate interest in new programs focused on DevOps/Tools
- Represent the partner strategy for Blockchain to our internal and external stakeholders including the sales teams as well as media coverage and industry events focused on the Blockchain segment
- Security and Compliance Tools
- Big Data Salaries
- High Paying IT Jobs
- Blockchain Payment System
- Top 10 Blockchain Challenges