Cloud based ERP,projects typically increase costs, take a long time to implement and require large and specialized staffs. Add to that the operational management needs to buy into the process. Needless to say the canned reporting that comes with the typical ERP system often does not meet the needs of management and users.
An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution integrates and organizes an enterprises’ data into a single comprehensive platform. ERP systems enable organizations to integrate all business management functions: accounting and finance, human resources, manufacturing, supply chain management, project management, customer relationship management and more. Implementing an ERP system allows you to access the required information needed in real-time to make informed decisions, with the accuracy of precise data from across your organization.
With the emergence of a secure clouds, moving to a new ERP solution is not as high-risk an event as it once was. There are some critical benefits that make a cloud based ERP a solution that should be looked at:
- Vendor packages are available
- Metrics can be defined up front
- The staffing requirements for scores of ERP specialists is significantly reduced
- A cloud based solution eliminates the need for most of the on-site data center resources
- There is much less of a requirement to “re-invent” the wheel
- Business continuity objectives are more easily managed
- Development and and implement cycles are reduced
- With the cloud the ERP is more easily sized for both features and number of users supported
- New technologies and equipment is more easily supported
- Better security and operations