10 Things To Avoid In Your Resume
10 Things To Avoid In Your Resume – Top 10 Resume mistakes that many IT Professionals make.
- Keep it short – Keep your total resume to 2 pages or less.
- Resume that does not represent you in the best first impression. Make sure that the resume looks good.
- Resume that is not structured well. Bullets, limited bold text, and a summary at the top are key directions to take.
- Eliminate spelling errors. This is direct path to the circular file.
- Resume that contains grammatical and tense errors – Do not user complex sentences and avoid starting with prepositions.
- Resume that does not agree with your “social profile”. Resume needs to be in agreement with what the rest of the world see about.
- Photo is a bad idea. Do not include anything that shows your age, race, or appearance.
- 100% accurate. Everything needs to be truthful and accurate.
- Resume that is the same for each job and company. With word processors and email you should at least have a custom cover letter that address the “specific” job or company that you are sending the resume to.
- Not following up. If you do not hear back from a company and have sent a resume in, it is a must to follow up and see if the job is still open.
Please follow and like us