Top 10 Hiring Best Practices
Top 10 Hiring Best Practices – the Interview id critical first step in building a world class organization. The Interview and Hiring Guide provides best practices that both the candidate and the entrerprise should follow.
In today’s employment market, it is critical to make every hire count. There is little room for error. It is crucial for senior-level leadership, human resources and hiring managers to all be on the same page and do the right things.
Top 10 Best Practices for the Hiring Process are:
- Know how each job supports your organization’s key objectives
- Consider both internal and external candidates for open positions.
- Use objective evaluation criteria based on known outstanding performers in that job.
- Ensure compensation is competitive, based on current market rates for the job.
- Apply a consistent selection process to filling all positions.
- Include key stakeholders in your employee selection process.
- Train your interviewers in your employee selection process.
- Give your interviewers guidance to help them probe deeper into a candidate’s suitability.
- Review public social media accounts of all candidates.
- Conduct comprehensive reference and background checks on job candidates.
- Ensure that your orientation process helps new hires become productive faster.