10 Point Power Checklist Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
10 Point Power Checklist Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity needs to be incorporated into the disaster recovery – business continuity plan. The Disaster Recovery Business Continuity template contains many checklists and best practices to follow. The checklist includes:
- Electricity, water, broken wires do not mix. Review all electrical and plumbing plans in detail.
- Understand the minimum power requirements to be operational.
- Have an adequate fuel supply to operate backup power sources. If the outage lasts for more than 30 days will the faciulity be ale to continue operations.
- Set reasonable response times for standby generator.
- Maintain your equipment and test it operations. Test at least once a quarter and review supplies on hand.
- Understand your environment and geography.
- Set up generators in an “open environment”. Carbon monoxide fumes can build up and poison people.
- Quarterly review your load.
- Meet all mandated compliance requirements. See Compliance Management Kit.
- Optionally contract for a rental power source.
A full description of each of these is contained in the template. If followed, the chance the plan will be a workable one, are significantly improved.
For more information read also: