10 reasons why new hires fail
10 reasons why new hires fail have been identified in a recent study by Janco Associates, Inc. They are as follow:
- The Job descriptions used in the recruiting process are not accurate and/or are out of date
- The new hire is not a team player
- The skills and experiences presented by the new hire are inflated.
- The new hire causes friction with the organization
- The skill the the new hire has are not a fit to the enterprises requirements
- The new hire is not motivated to meet the needs of the organization.
- The new hire is looking towards expanding their own resume not to meet the requirement of the position.
- The new hire has to have things their own way and are not very adaptive.
- The new hire is careless and not very attentive
- The new hire is a prima donna
In the recruiting and hiring process, steps need to be taken to see that none of the items above are part of the new hire’s characteristics
Solution to minimize hiring mistakes for 10 reasons why new hires fail
IT Pro’s Hiring Kit – Includes latest IT Salary Data, Interview and Hiring Guide, and 300 Job Descriptions – In today’s economy, nearly every organization faces pressure to have the right talent in place, run at peak efficiency and “do more with less”. With the economy improvement and lowest unemployment numbers in several years, HR departments are pressured to get qualified professionals on board now.