Media - Incident Communication Plan Policy Template is a structure with specific examples on how to respond to an event that is business interruption or cyberattacks. Included is a Pandemic Planning Checklist which has all the questions that need to be addressed when a Pandemic like the coronavirus occurs.
Incident Communication Plan Policy
NEW Electronic Forms - Incident Communication Contact Form
and Pandemic Planning Checklist
To survive an incident such as a business interruption, security breach, or a product recall, organizations need more than a successful communication strategy - they need an incident communication plan.
The overall objectives of a incident communications plan should be established at the outset. The objectives should be agreed upon, well understood, and publicized. For example, will the primary objective of the communications plan be for communications only to employees, and only during a disaster? Or is the intent to advise customers of interruptions to service? Or is it for investors and stockholders? Or regulatory agencies? Or is it some combination of these?
Whatever the objectives of the enterprise, they should be shared, supported by executive management, and widely communicated - both via traditional media contact and social networks. This policy template addresses those needs directly as well as provides electronic tools that aid in the execution of of the policy.
The specific objective of this incident communication plan is to define who will provide key communications during a crisis including content, recipients, schedule, method of delivery, frequency, and priority of the communication. By outlining a communication plan in advance, the business is better able to
- Communicate the effects and status of a crisis for employees, associates, suppliers and customers,
- Reduce the impact of bad publicity, maintain customer service, bolster relations with vendors and
- Address the concerns of other key stakeholders
The policy template contains a clear definition of objectives along with an easily modifiable policy statement with guidelines for:
- Media requests for information
- Editorial or letter to the editor requests
- Requests for interviews
- Emergency responses (business continuity, security breaches, and other "bad news" situations)
- Unannounced visits from media (TV reporters at your front door)
- Press releases
In addition the template includes best practices for press conferences and media relationships, as well as a 3 page job description for a Director of Media Communications and social networking as a media outlet.
The Incident Communication Policy Template is the right tool for this task. With it you can successfully manage and control your enterprise's media communications that are related to your enterprise.
The policies have just been updated to comply with all mandated requirements and include electronic forms that can be Emailed, filled out completely on the computer, routed and stored electronically -- a total solution.
We have just completed a major update of most of the individual polices and almost all of the electronic forms.
- CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle (All of the policies below are included as individual MS Word files and a single PDF file. Electronic forms are all individual documents that are easily modifiable)
- Backup and Backup Retention Policy
- Blog and Personal Web Site Policy (Includes electronic Blog Compliance Agreement Form)
- BYOD Policy Template (Includes electronic BYOD Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Google Glass Policy (Includes Google Glass Access and Use Agreement Form)
- Incident Communication Plan Policy (Updated to include pandemic considerations and social networks as a communication path)
- Internet, e-Mail, Social Networking, Mobile Device, Electronic Communications, and Record Retention Policy(Includes 5 electronic forms to aid in the quick deployment of this policy)
- Mobile Device Access and Use Policy
- Patch Management Policy
- Outsourcing and Cloud Based File Sharing Policy
- Physical and Virtual Server Security Policy
- Privacy Compliance Policy - California Privacy Act
- Record Classification, Management, Retention, and Destruction Policy
- Safety Program (Includes mandated OSHA electronic forms)
- Sensitive Information Policy (CCPA, GDPR & HIPAA Compliant and includes electronic Sensitive Information Policy Compliance Agreement Form)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy Template with KPI Metrics
- Social Networking Policy (includes electronic form)
- Technology Acquisition Policy
- Telecommuting Policy (includes 8 electronic forms to effectively manage work at home staff)
- Text Messaging Sensitive and Confidential Information (includes electronic form)
- Travel, Electronic Meeting, and Off-Site Meeting Policy
- Wearable Device Policy
- IT Infrastructure Electronic Forms