- Budgeting for Cloud, Disaster Recovery, and Security
Budgeting for Cloud, Disaster Recovery, and Security
Budgeting by CIOs for the upcoming year needs to take into account major new trends
The enterprise of today is different than the one of only a few years ago. Budgeting for the new year needs to take into that into account Location of headquarters, branch office, home office, or no office - simply doesn't matter anymore. Data lives in the cloud and data center and it can be used by anyone everywhere.
Decision-making now is more decentralized, with mobile workers and branch office employees making critical decisions on a regular basis. Distributed employees are no longer just 'sales reps' fulfilling orders, but are highly-paid, highly leveraged knowledge workers. These individuals do not only work with local teams or businesses, but also engage in many-phased collaborations with specialists distributed across the company. The cross functional nature of the distributed workforce significantly changes how a business needs to resource and support both the branch office and the mobile worker.
According to recent studies by Janco,over 65% of all organizations have moved towards BYOD and Cloud applications. CIOs are challenged with how to take advantage of business opportunities, people and resources in previously distant markets. This presents a difficult dilemma to a CEO or CIO: Continue to deliver acceptable IT services by throwing money, bandwidth and infrastructure at the problem? Or, save money by consolidating at the expense of the end users? Or use IT to drive new business initiatives?
The budgets of 2012 and CIOs need to understand the fundamental trends that are driving businesses so they can they support to redesign their operations around a small set of broad-based imperatives.
- Flexibility and Global Reach - Businesses that have traditionally operated across traditional borders must be able to respond to opportunities and challenges faster than ever before.
- Simplicity and Cost Control without Limiting Creativity - With the increased use of the Internet and mobile devices there has led to increased complexity. While per unit costs of technology have decreased, in aggregate companies and CIOs have seen an increase in total cost.
- Security and Management of Cyber Threats - With the growing executive and user management focus on digital applications and data, the sources of threats to enterprise data have multiplied dramatically.
- Continuity and Recovery from a Diverse Set of Events - As businesses have expanded, the need for anytime, anywhere application access has become a requirement.
Janco's Cloud Outsourcing, Disaster Recovery, and Security Bundle provides the tools that are needed to address these issues. The steps to implement these World Class processes are made easy with the Janco's Templates.