DRP BCP Audit Update Released
This Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Audit program identifies control objectives that are meet by the audit program. There are approximately 50 specific items that the audit covers in the 17 page audit program. Included are references to specific tools that will assist you in addressing any defects or shortcoming the audit uncovers.
The Audit program covers the following control objectives:
- Ensure that adequate and effective contingency plans have been established to support the prompt recovery of crucial enterprise functions.
- Ensure that all mandated disaster recovery, business continuity, and security requirements have adequate compliance policies.
- Ensure the survival of the business and to minimize the implications of a major enterprise and/or I T failure.
- Ensure that all the potential risks to the enterprise are identified and assessed.
- Ensure the optimum contingency arrangements are selected and cost effectively provided.
- Ensure that an authorized and documented disaster recovery / business continuity plan is created, maintained up-to-date, and securely stored.
- Ensure that the recovery plan is periodically tested.
- Ensure that all internal and external parties are fully aware of their responsibilities and commitments.
- Ensure that appropriate liaison is maintained with external parties (i.e. insurers, emergency services, suppliers, etc. ).
- Ensure that both the damaged and recovery sites are secure and that systems are securely operated.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are adequately and accurately documented.
- Ensure that public and media relations would be effectively addressed.
The audit programs is available as a standalone item. In addition it is included with several of Janco’s offerings. They are:
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Template
- Security Manual Template
- Security Audit Program Template
- Business and IT Impact Questionnaire
- IT Service Management for Service Oriented Architecture
- Metrics for the Internet and Information Technology
- Security Manual blog post
- Disaster Recovery Business Business Continuity Update