Client Server Management HandiGuide™
NOTE: All of the materials included in this offering have been updated and are included in the IT Governance Infrastructure. This product is obsolete and no longer sold.
The client/server model has become one of the central concepts used in network computing. Most applications written today use the client/server model as does the Internet's main program, TCP/IP and the DNS addressing model. In marketing, the term Client Server has been used to distinguish distributed computing by smaller dispersed computers from the “monolithic” centralized computing of mainframe computers. But this distinction has largely disappeared as mainframes and their applications have also turned to the client/server model and become part of network computing.
Client Server HandiGuide is based on industry best practices
The Client Server Management HandiGuide contains over 160 pages of practical ways to manage the Client Server operating environment. The Client Server Management HandiGuide is available in both PDF and MS WORD formats.
The book is divided into major sections and some special bonus materials:
- Management - covers the structure and processes of managing a client/server environment
- Technology - provides rules and guidelines for handling technology issues such as LAN management, Backup and Recovery, Application Development, and more
- Asset Security and Control - which provides detailed policy on security and access control.
- Bonus Materials
- Electronic Form - Employee Termination Checklist
- Backup and Retention Policy Template
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment Tool
- Client Server Management Process
- Client Server Management Structure
- Business Resumption Program
- Back-Up And Recovery Program
- Application Development Standards
- Minimum and Mandated Security Requirements Defined
- Access Control - Physical Site
- Access Control - Software And Data
- Access Control - Midrange and Mainframe
- Operational Management Overview
- Risk Assessment Program
- Personnel Practices
- Local Area Networks
- Facility Requirements
- Services Requests (Change Control)
You can also get the Handiguide bundled with the most popular and proven procedures which are based on industry defined best practices and meet all mandated requirement. In addition an annual update service is also available.
You have the flexibility to edit the electronic HandiGuide via MS WORD. It can be quickly modified to meet your enterprises specific needs. Plus as an added bonus the Client Server Management HandiGuide™ can be acquired with the CIO IT Infrastructure Policy Bundle.
The Best Practices Report says this about the book
The Client Server Management HandiGuide, provides a comprehensive set of policies for the important areas of client/server management. The book offers an excellent foundation from which managers can build their policies as they gain expertise. As Janco warns, not having such a foundation could be a real liability for a manager.