News for the Disaster Recovery Planning
The Disaster Recovery Planning News feed is an XML news feed that you can subscribe to and re-publish on your web site or blog. The only requirement that you need to meet is that the feed is included with no modifications and that the links within the feed are retained as is.
If you wish to subscribe to this news feed the option that you have is:
- Disaster Recovery Planning News Feed
- Physically moving tapes or drives offsite.
- Replicating data between offices or to an offsite data center/centre.
- DR-as-a-Service from the cloud.
- How to Evaluate your Disaster Recovery Plan Evaluating your disaster recovery plan To ensure the protection of your critical data, applications, and the continuous availability of your network, you must look at...
- 10 Commandments of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity 10 commandments of disaster recovery and business continuity planning As requirements for avoiding downtime become increasingly stringent, administrators need tools and platforms that can help...
- Options for a data center disaster recovery strategy Data Center disaster recovery strategy options A critical component of a disaster recovery business continuity is the data center disaster recovery strategy Hot...
- 10 Characteristics of a Good Business Continuity / Disaster Plan 10 Characteristics of a Good Business Continuity / Disaster Plan Most organizations have a Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery plan but how can you recognize...
- Should Disaster Recovery Plans Depend on SSD Storage Can Disaster Recovery Plans depend on SSD storage Disaster Recovery depends on stable storage of data and modern storage technology (SSDs, No-SQL databases, commoditized RAID...
Covid-19 Affects Some Industriies More Than Others
DRP Made Simple
Proven infrastructure and training key to telecommuting
Industries most directly affected are travel, hospitality, restaurant, insurance. They are all buyers of technology, so technology vendors and service providers will experience sales decline in the short term. It is too early to tell if these intended purchases among U.S. and overseas customers will be postponed to later in the year, or shifted to other areas, such as upgrades to technologies that facilitate remote work or enhance disaster recovery effectiveness.
The other big concern revolves around disruptions to global supply chains, which negatively impact the bottom lines of OEMs, but could potentially also lead to higher prices down the road, which hurts customers
It is one thing to say that workers will work remotely and access sensitive and confidential information via the internet. It is quite another to be able to assure executive management that critically sensitive information is protected and compliance mandates are met.Covid-19 Affects Some Industriies More Than Others
Cost of Downtime is High
The average yearly cost of downtime is $880,000 for mid-sized businesses.
Having a data disaster recovery strategy in place is critical to ensure business continuity in the event of unexpected disruptions. Implementing such a strategy can be delayed for two reasons: one, it's complicated to evaluate business operations to find critical data that needs to be made available immediately after a disaster, and two, many believe that disaster recovery is just too expensive, particularly for small and medium-size businesses.
Both of these issues create friction that slows down the adoption of disaster recovery strategies and technologies; but being able to recover quickly from a data disaster is more important than ever.
The three main options that a small or medium sized company has when building a disaster recovery strategy are:
- Cost of Downtime is High
Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Team Job Description Released
Disaster Recovery Business Continuity Team Defined
The one area that there is lacking is the definition of responsibilities. To that end, Janco has created a unique set of job descriptions that define specific roles and responsibilities for individuals within the enterprise.
The 2020 Edition of the IT Job Descriptions was juste released. At the same the the Job Description DR/BC bundle (22 job descritions) was updated as well.
The job description has all been reviewd in detail and validated for completness ana accuracy. They do meet all of the mandated compliance requirements and utilize CSS style sheets so they canbe customized with mininal effortDisaster Recovery Business Continuity Team Job Description Released
VPS providers give users 48 hours to move off servers
The ultimate disaster as vendors end VPS service
20 web hosting providers have hastily notified customers today, Saturday, December 7, that they plan to shut down on Monday, giving their clients two days to download data from their accounts before servers are shut down and wiped clean.
All Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Planning efforts need to encompass how employees will communicate, where they will go and how they will keep doing their jobs. The details can vary greatly, depending on the size and scope of a company and the way it does business. For some businesses, issues such as supply chain logistics are most crucial and are the focus on the plan. For others, information technology may play a more pivotal role, and the Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Plan may have more of a focus on systems recovery.VPS providers give users 48 hours to move off servers
5 Tips for DR and BC Managers
Tips for Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
5 Tips for DR and BC Managers