Top 10 Millennial Considerations for Recruiting Managers
Top 10 Millennial Considerations change the way companies recruit. There are factors that are different that recruiters and managers need to consider. We have identified the top 10 things factors when look at this portion of the labor pool.
Top 10 Millennial recruiting considerations identified
- Millennials typically are not looking for long-term career positions. Many are looking to gain knowledge that they can leverage in their next position. The company, the product, or the service provided is not as important as what the millennial can gain for their experience. During the recruiting process, care must be given to understanding exactly what the millennial is looking for in a position, Will it be a short employment opportunity or one they can stick with for a 3 to 5 year period?
- The company website is one of the first places that millennials will look for information before they do anything else.
- Millenials prefer to submit electronic resumes and apply for positions via the internet (company website) or Social Media accounts.
- Social media reputation is a key consideration in their decision to accept or reject a job offer.
- Millennials prefer companies that are forward-thinking and digitally tuned. Social media presence is important.
- They often will not consider an environment where they are at a desk in football field-sized office versus a telecommuting environment.
- Communication and training are key components of the culture that millennials need to understand. These individuals look for companies that have an experience base they can learn from, Typically, millennials do now what to create from scratch. Therefore, they need to have a way to connect with those who have gone before them.
- Millennials expect and require modern technology to do their jobs and will specifically look for employers that offer cutting edge tools.
- Millennials require that they are in-the-know on company performance and how their contributions have helped the company meet its goals and objectives.
- People in this group place person life over work life. Work is only a means to make a living, a long-term career with a company is not the top priority.
Recruiting Process Readings
- IT Hiring Kit Update
- Millennial or older employee
- Top 10 interview questions
- Top 10 resume mistakes
- Top 10 interview best practices
- Top 10 manager best practices
- Hire CIO – Why so Hard?
- Employment contract
- Interview questions you cannot ask
- Fringe Benefits for IT Pros
Please follow and like us