10 Easy Steps to Stop Robocalls – or at least reduce the number
10 Easy Steps to Stop Robocalls that every cell phone and text messaging user can follow to kill the call and stop calls and text messages from coming in the future.
- Put a do not disturb after normal work hours except for people already in your contact list
- Do not answer calls from blocked or unknown numbers.
- Do not answer calls identified as spam by your carrier
- Don’t answer calls from numbers you don’t recognize.
- For Text spams, forward them to 7726 (spells SPAM) and your carrier will be made aware of them and stop them
- If someone calls you and claims to be with XYZ company, hang up and call the company yourself. Use the company’s website to find an official number.
- If you answer a call an no one is on the line immediately hang up
- If you do answer a call and hear a recording such as “Hello, can you hear me?” just hang up.
- The same goes for a call where you’re asked to press a number before being connected to a representative.
- Do not engage as soon as you answer the call – i.e. Goggle’s Call Screening feature is cool but still identified you number a real person
In addition you shoul check with your carrier to see the services they provide – all of them soon will provice FREE services to support FCC requirements