IT Pros Median Salary Now $93,077
In the just completed IT Salary Survey by Janco Associates IT Pro median salary increased by 2.92% in the past 12 months. It had been $90,249.
Other finding from the salary survey are:
- IT executives have fared better in large companies than mid-size companies with increases that were 3.89% versus 2.84%.
- Staff level positions in IT organizations of SMB’s had the greatest demand for new hires. Companies were gearing up their internal US-based IT organizations pushing IT salaries up by 2.40% from $87,254 last year to $89,348.
- In large enterprises, the median compensation rose 3.42% from $93,669 to $96,875.
- In mid-sized enterprises, the mean total compensation for all positions increased by 2.40% from $87,254 to $89,348. Over 80,000 net new jobs.
- Some markets like the SF Bay Area, Boston Metro, and Salt Lake areas are suffering shortages of qualified IT professionals.
- Technology centers like San Francisco (Bay Area), Chicago, Atlanta, District of Columbia, New York and Washington State continued to lead the way in new IT job creation.
- Succession planning and promotion of Millennials into that role is becoming a priority.
- Large organizations are planning to beef up their middle management as those enterprises focus on Big Data, Blockchain, SEO and Smartphone and tablet connectivity.
- Positions in highest demand are associated with e-commerce, application development security, big data, distributed/mobile system project management, and quality control.
- The America first campaign has resulted in more infrastructure functions being moved in-house.
- Several enterprises are moving help desks and data center operations in-house which has resulted in an increased demand for data center managers.
- Web SEO Analyst are in high demand as e-commerce continues to expand and search engine placement becomes more critical.
- KPI metrics are now the way performance is being measured.
Please follow and like us